Rapports finaux de la CBD
- Report of the CBD-UNCCD Joint Workshop on the Role of Biodiversity in National Drought Management Policies
- Taller regional sobre la Estrategia Mundial para la Conservación de las Especies Vegetales y el Plan Estratégico para la Diversidad Biológica 2011-2020
- Report of the Organizational Workshop for the Global Invasive Alien Species Information Partnership
- Report of the Regional Workshop on Reflecting the Global Strategy for Plant Conservation Strategy in National Biodiversity Strategies and Action Plans
- Report of the First Workshop for African Least Developed Countries on the Preparation of the Fifth National Report and Global Biodiversity Outlook and Regional Scenarios
What does the secretariat? The Convention on Biological Diversity has also set up a secretariat to assist the COP in his work and to perform administrative tasks in everyday life. At its first meeting, the Conference entrusted to the United Nations Environment responsibility for the secretariat of the Convention, while ensuring its autonomy in exercising the functions entrusted to him under the Convention.
Located in Montreal, the Secretariat main function is to ensure the planning and servicing of the meetings of the Conference of Parties and subsidiary bodies, including the preparation of literature and others. It should also assist in the implementation of the work program and coordinate activities between the Parties and other international organizations. An important aspect of the work of the secretariat is a build links with other environmental conventions and institutions in order to share with them the information and develop collaborative programs. With this in mind, memories of cooperation and agreements in principle have been reached with, among others, the following institutions:
- The Convention on wetlands of international importance, especially as Waterfowl Habitat (Ramsar) waters.
- The Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of wild flora and fauna threatened with extinction (CITES).
- The Convention on the Conservation of Migratory of Wild Fauna Species (CMS).
- The Convention to Combat Desertification (CCD).
- The Convention for the Protection and Development of the Marine Environment of the large region of the Caribbean (Cartagena Convention).