Call for Papers on International Conference on :
"Climate Change, Agri-Food, Fisheries, and Ecosystems: Reinventing Research, Innovation, and Policy Agendas for Environmentally- and Socially-Balanced Growth". May 19-21, 2011, in Agadir, Morocco.
|Period||[19/05/2011 - 21/05/2011]|
|Host||Faculté des Sciences Juridiques, Économiques et Sociales d’Agadir, NRCS et GTZ|
Dr. Mohamed Behnassi
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Keywords||Climate Change, Agri-Food, Fisheries, Ecosystems, Reinventing Research, Innovation, Policy Agendas for Environmentally, Socially Balanced Growth|
After the success of the 2009 International Conference on "The Integration of Sustainable Agriculture, Rural Development, and Ecosystems in the Context of Food Insecurity, Climate Change, and the Energy Crisis", the North-South Center for Social Sciences (NRCS) and German Technical Cooperation (GTZ), in partnership with the Institute of Research for Development (IRD) and the Faculty of Law, Economics and Social Sciences at Ibn Zohr University of Agadir, are organizing a second, related meeting entitled "Climate Change, Agri-Food, Fisheries, and Ecosystems: Reinventing Research, Innovation, and Policy Agendas for Environmentally- and Socially-Balanced Growth" (ICCAFFE2011). This conference will convene May 19-21, 2011, in Agadir, Morocco.
ICCAFFE2011 is organized within a global context marked by:
- the putative failure of the Copenhagen Summit to reach a binding agreement to deal with climate change;
- the fragility of the Earth's food security, the seriousness of hunger's consequences, and the inefficiency of the range of policies and programs devoted to achieving sustainable food security;
- the decreases in global marine biodiversity and fish stocks due to pressure by overfishing, environmental degradation, and impacts from human-induced climate change; and
- the growing loss of biodiversity and degradation of forest ecosystems, as a result of climate change and human activities impacts, despite a global convention committing governments to halt the decline.
ICCAFFE2011 is an acknowledged and distinguished multinational forum that provides early focus on global warming, agri-food, fisheries, and ecosystems from an interdisciplinary approach as well as from a North-South perspective. It is designed to bring together a range of practitioners from all over the world to share research outcomes and relevant experiences; contribute to the setting of future research and policy agendas; and explore necessary networking with regard to their relevant debates. Participants will address recognized gaps in knowledge, introduce the outcomes of their research initiatives to world decision makers; make significant contributions to the building of workable futures and associated priorities; and explore the way forward in a world where challenges are increasingly observable and where remedial actions are required urgently.
Researchers and experts from institutions in Northern and Southern countries and from a wide spectrum of disciplines including: Law, social sciences, economics, ecology, meteorology, agronomy, biology, genetics, animal sciences, food processing, sociology, anthropology, management, geography, land planning, modeling, engineering sciences, educational sciences, marine sciences, etc. To enrich and widen the scientific exchanges, stakeholders from all spheres (especially professional organizations, advisory and support services, development institutions, and policy makers) are important invitees.
Conference Key Themes:
- Climate Change, Food Security and Agriculture
- Climate Change Adaptation in Food and Agriculture Perspective
- Innovation to Address Climate Change Challenges
- Sustainable Agriculture and Capacity Building
- Biofuel Linkages with Climate Change, Agriculture, and Food Security
- Sustainable Marine Ecosystems and Fisheries
- Contesting the Agro-Food System in the Context of Climate Change
- Food’s Climate Impact and the Need for a Green and Climate-Friendly Consumerism
- Climate Change, Ecosystem Services and Biodiversity Conservation
- Proactive and Coordinated Policy and Management Action Response and Communication to Relevant Stakeholders
- Deadline for abstract/proposal submission: October 31, 2010
- Deadline for the submission of full papers to be considered for publication: March 30, 2011
- Early-bird Registration: November 20, 2010
- Conference Days : May 19-21, 2011