Meeting of the National Committee for Biological Diversity for the follow-up of the implementation of the Nagoya Protocol and the preparation of SBSTTA 21 and WGT8j 10 to the CBD
In preparation for the 14th Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (CBD) to be held in Egypt at the end of 2018, the CBD Secretariat will organize the 21st meeting of the CBD from 11 to 14 December 2017 Subsidiary on Scientific, Technical and Technological Advice (SBSTTA 21) and 13-16 December 2017, the 10th meeting of the Ad Hoc Working Group on Article 8 (j) on traditional knowledge related to genetic resources (WGT8 / 10 ). To this end, the Department of State, Department of State, initiated the preparatory process for these meetings through the preparation of a document describing Morocco's preliminary position through the draft decisions transmitted by the CBD secretariat....
|Event location||Secretary of State in charge of Sustainable Development in Rabat N° 9, Avenue Al Araar, section 16, Hay Ryad, Rabat|
|Host||Secretary of State in charge of Sustainable Development|
|See the agenda||http://ma.chm-cbd.net/liens/biblio/programme-de-la-reunion-du-cndb-pour-la-preparatiopn-du-sbstta-21-et-wg8j-10|
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
|Keywords||Implementation, Nagoya Protocol, preparation, meetings, CBD,|
Several actions have been taken to implement the CBD's decisions and protocols, including:
- The preparation of the interim national report on the implementation of the Nagoya Protocol, in order to assess the level of its implementation and the needs in terms of institutional capacity building;
- Development of an economic study on the potential of genetic resources in Morocco in the framework of the UNDP project (APA-Nagoya);
- Development of the genetic resources development strategy within the framework of the GIZ project (ProGec).
All these activities will be presented to the National Committee for Biological Diversity for consideration at the meeting of 24 October 2017 at the headquarters of this Department in collaboration with GIZ and UNDP according to the attached interim program.
The objectives of this meeting will be:
- Preparation of the participation of Morocco in the meetings of SBSTTA 21 and WGT8j 10;
- Presentation and consideration of the interim interim national report on the implementation of the Nagoya Protocol;
- The launch of an economic study on the potential of genetic resources in Morocco;
- Presentation and consideration of the draft strategy for the development of genetic resources.